Monday, March 12, 2012

Over the Rainbow Cupcakes!

Welcome March and soon to be Spring weather! Today (my birthday) was one of the most beautiful days NYC has seen all year, so far! Reaching a bang of 70 degrees Farenheit and warm sunshine :) What else can you ask for?!....





What's that you say?...


Ahhh...Yes! a Cupcake :)

Today in class (work)..My class of three and I put these delectable little treats together. A simple vanilla cake recipe, white frosting, green coconut and the famous Rainbow Candy Belt. The kiddo's loved every step along the way in making these clever cupcakes ;)..

Let me tell you something, it wasn't easy finding these Rainbow candy belts either! That's for sure. I searched bodega to bodega, Duane Reade and then to 711 where I picked up my morning fix this morning. No luck. Then while walking out of 711 balancing coffee and phone in right hand and bags of eggs and milk in left I steered in the left direction on 1st Ave. and saw a walk down deli.. "Hmm.." I thought. I insisted on giving it one last try on the search for my Rainbow Candy belts. After all, I really would rather bake cupcakes today then knead green dough for 10 minutes with the little ones. I walk in and search the display of Nerds, Starbursts, Skittles, Airheads...getting closer!..BOOM! There it was, 'Airheads Rainbow berry Xtreme', I found it!! and couldn't thank the little old man behind the counter enough. I briefly explained to him how my morning was (he actually seemed interested, then complemented my hair, being green and asked if that's how I'm celebrating St. Patrick's Day). Long story short, my hair is actually TEAL and I got asked that Question about 20 times today. I finally just started nodding as the day dwindled down agreeing that Yes my hair is green (underneath) when it is in fact, not...


As for the little old man, he told me that those candy belts will always be there if I need them :) I shall pick more up tomorrow for the remainder of classes left in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment