Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pancake Art !




About a year or so ago, a guest ( your avg. joe dad ) on the Rachel Ray show inspired me. His creation? Art inspired pancakes for his wee little daughter.

With simple ideas such as a flower and a unicorn...pancakes were being transformed into modern day art!..I think I took this creation to the next level. The fine designs were made by adding colored pancake mix into tiny plastic bottles, think old school ketchup bottles at the diner. Starting out one design at a time on the griddle, it is always in your best interest to do an outline first, decorations inside second and a filler (in between designs, on top..whatever) last!..Practice and you will see what I mean. It took me a good 2 butterflies to get where I got.

Also, be VERY careful when flipping!! I had some smudges of color everywhere on some designs, adding colors also affects the cooking time of these pancakes, so just keep peeking every minute or two! Cook on Medium heat with your dear friend Pam and an offset spatula and you should be in the clear :)







*All is edible (aside from the scrap book paper) and in complete Gluten-free Pancake mix along with a set of candy eyes!*

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Is everything shown in the image edible? If not...what did you use around the pancake? It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete