Saturday, July 2, 2011

Choc. Chip Whoopie Cake!


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. -Mouth Drools-
This cake was for my Sweetie Pie, Peter. We celebrated his 28th Birthday :). It was very last minute, as I wanted to surprise him. So on my way home from work I stopped by Barnes and Noble and picked up a cute little book as seen below.

So if you want to be different, just prepare your desired Whoopie recipe and split your batter in 1/2 for a top and bottom. I chose the Chocolate Chip whoopie and made my own Italian Style Buttercream (Vanilla) with a Mix or Chocolate Ganache inside.


When filling your cakes (or other pastries) I just cannot get enough of the switching up factor with your piping bag. Of one or more different fillings. The contrast of your fillings is very appealing when cutting the cake! Also instead of just doppling on, piping creates a more 'evenness' to your cake. With the same amount of applied pressure , of course. Deeeelish!

When my giant whoopie was created. I wanted to be a great girlfriend and have his name on the cake somehow. Creating is my thing, and so is Chocolate! So my friendly little lightbulb dinged in my head. I love that little guy :). Just happens to light up at the best of times, he he. Why not take some 'already' tempered chocolate..pipe it on some Acetane paper and stick a tooth pick in while it sets!?..classy and clean.. <3 It was rather hot in my tiny Brooklyn kitchen, so I stuck the piped out creations in the freezer for a few. :)


The end result?!..He had a snack for every day of the week. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Until next time!
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment