Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Egg Festivities!

With all these new dyes I needed to bust them out! Color up the world we live in, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Spring, anyone seen it?! It's been very icky and rainy out the past few weeks, Not even 60 degrees..(So depressing!). Welp, there has to be May Flowers coming OR ELSE.
This photo shoot below, was just some egg shells left over night, cracked and whatnot.
I then placed them in cups of dye for just a few mins. and then into shot glasses. Bottoms up! I then filled some up with leftover colors, let dry and took a fine point marker to the inside..Cute idea, huh?!


So here we have some awesome NEON dyes by McCormick. I played around and experimented with color. Teal, Purple, Yellow (which came out with a pink background..hrmm?!) green and Hot Pink. I let them sit in the dyes overnight for a thrill. The next day I had discovered they had a sort of ripple effect to that, appearing almost snakeskin like, Pretty neat! I then made some sweetdesigns and drawings over them with oil paints.


(These are my favorite. To get this rustic, withered egg 'look', just rub some used Coffee grinds!! Let sit for a few hours and gently rub off grounds with either your fingers or a paint brush. It will come off with water, so be careful..)
Happy Easter!
Enjoi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment